Pure Eco Range
Here at Pure Flowers of Distinction we count our blessings each day to work with flowers - the sunshine, food and medicine of the soul!
We want and need to continue to sustain the wonders of the natural world for years to come and to do so in the most green and eco friendly fashion, that is why we have made the conscious decision to consider the many ethical and environmental issues when it comes to sourcing flowers and how we curate them in our independently run shop in the heart of Boyle town. As a family run business it is our mission to set an example for future generations, inspiring a trail of little green footprints.
Our passion for design and creativity has not been diluted in the development of our Eco Range. We have simply edited our designs in a bid to encourage a change in our customers buying habits and to gradually transform our business into a squeeky green one!
What changes can you expect to see?
- 80% of our flowers can be traced back to Fair trade certified farms, these farms must ensure safe working conditions and rights for their employees. These rights encompass economic, environmental and social dimensions of working conditions but also aim to amplify and strengthen the voice and choices of workers’ themselves.
- Over 50% of our foliages have been sourced from Irish growers. We love to support our own with the added benefit of cutting out air miles, in turn minimising our carbon footprint.
- To minimise waste our Eco Range can offer gift boxes that are 100% biodegradable or we can place the handtie in a Stem Gem Vase. These are Eco-friendly vases made from recycled plastics and are 100% recyclable themselves! Designed by a florist, these robust, water-proof and frost-proof vases can be used time and time again, eliminating any need for cellophane.
- To secure our designs we are opting for Jute - an all natural twine made from renewable plant resources. Eco-friendly and completely biodegradable.
- Typically we would have used cellophane and plastic to package and decorate our bouquets but we can now proudly offer you a selection of bright, recyclable, biodegradable and compostable wraps and craft paper to compliment our bouquets.
- To tie off our bouquets and to add the finishing touch we would previously have used polypropylene florist ribbon or organza/satin ribbons with wire trim. We have now have the option of using Raffia or Hessian ribbon to complete our designs, making them pinterest perfect while using naturally sourced materials that are 100% biodegradable.
- For all designs previously created using Oasis floral foam, we can now offer a biodegradable version which serves the same purpose but much kinder to the environment
*Please note that as we are going through this transitional period we do still have in stock some plastic based non-recyclable materials. However, it is our commitment here at Pure Flowers to phase out single use plastics and packaging and non biodegradable/compostable material waste over the coming years. *
Lets Go Green Together!